10 Top To-Dos for Fall Maintenance
With the fall slowly creeping in, Laura Firszt of networx.com has summed up to-dos for the upcoming Fall Maintenance.
- Take Care of your Furnace – Aside from changing your air filters every 1-3 months, you should also consider having a professional check your furnace regularly. As your furnace is wintertime must, your professional should check for switches, burns, and safety controls.
- Install a Carbon Monoxide Detector – If you have a generator or a fuel-burning appliance like a furnace, range or water heater, having a carbon monoxide detector is a MUST.
- Maintenance of your Ducts – To ensure efficiency and good heating this winter, you must ensure that your ducts are well-maintained. Not only would this benefit you during the winter, but it goes the same way during summer time as it prevents unnecessary loss of your A/C’s cold air.
- Check Doors and Windows – Check for cracks when revisiting your doors and windows as these are places where you could lose that critical heat.
- Adjust your ceiling fans – during the cold weather, adjust your ceiling fans to rotate clockwise. This will help in better circulating the heat produced by your HVAC, and you will feel warmer for just a minimal cost.
- Clean your Fireplace and Chimney – Using a flashlight, clear out the fireplace and chimney from dried leaves, nesting animals and the like.
- Shield Your Outdoor A/C unit – Use a unique A/C cover to ensure your AC units are well protected.
- Inspect your Roof – Same idea with the broken doors and windows, if there is daylight passing through the windows and roofs; this should be attended too immediately to avoid further charges.
- Clear your gutters – If your gutters are clogged, the tendency is it will overflow and cause potential problems such as leaks.
- Care for your yard – Remove fallen leaves in your lawn and promote the revitalization of cool-season grasses.